• Lviv, Ukraine
• Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
What's the Project?
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team during a period of significant growth. You will be responsible for supporting our clients’ delivery process and will work closely with our Leadership Team to identify and implement the appropriate strategies.
You will be managing teams/projects located in 4 countries (Ukraine, Croatia, Costa Rica and Malaysia), mostly for US-based customers. Your main point of contact regularly will be team leads and PMs, but at the same time, you will stay in touch with the team members who can reach out to you if that need is and vice-versa.
You Perfectly Match If you have:
- 7+ years of experience in roles relevant to software engineering and development
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager/delivery manager or 3+ years of leading a team, particularly in a high-growth environment
- Experience managing multiple projects and/or accounts with 20+ ppl
- Strong project management skills, including conceptualisation, analysis, driving alignment, planning resources, managing milestones and objectives, and Agile practices
- A sense of pride, satisfaction, and gratitude when you’ve been a part of helping others grow and improve
- Skills to recognise talent and know when to nurture it in others
- You communicate and collaborate exceptionally well
- A generalist who can effectively collaborate with partners from across the company, from engineering to data analytics to product
- English – Upper Intermediate +
- Client engagement experience
Nice to have:
- Technical knowledge and expertise
- Data-driven mindset, but also have the experience and wisdom to trust your intuition
- Coaching experience
- Good relationship management
Your day-to-day activities:
- Acting as a final escalation point over team PMs/tech leads/SMs
- Making sure that the development teams produce world-class delivery for the clients
- Managing and supporting engineering staff with a focus on company business objectives, including people management, processes, product delivery and quality control
- On-boarding new projects by working with leadership, sales, account management, and system architects
- Tracking project reporting, team velocity, ensuring key performance indicators reaching success level values
- Explaining best practices in management and engineering process
- Responsible for retention and turnover of project teams
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating and supervising project team members, and influencing them to take decisive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Ensuring that adequate and qualified staffing is assigned for each of the major project areas, in consultation with the appropriate functional managers and team leaders
- Supporting the Account Manager to manage the client
- Conduct regular 1-on-1s with direct reports
- Identify talented candidates during hiring and interviews
Ready to dive in?
Contact us today or apply below.