Middle/Senior AQA Java Engineer
Location: Remote, Ukraine
What's the Project?
Our client is an innovative company that helps students apply to college. Their
technology converts students’ applications into a standardized format to speed up and
streamline the university application process across different colleges and universities.
You will drive testing strategy with the appropriate combination of business knowledge
and technical leadership. You will work closely with software architects and technical
leads to define test plans for reliable automated functional testing and scalable
performance testing of existing software and new features in development. Duties
include creating quality standards for products and testing systems for efficiency,
reliability, and performance.
You Perfectly Match If you have:
● 3-5+ years of experience in functional, non-functional, regression, and acceptance
● Hands-on experience in QA automation tools such as Selenium.
● Ability to work independently and also in a team environment on multiple
● Knowledge of agile software methodology and the use of JIRA.
● Experience writing UI tests for applications using Java frameworks
● Experience writing API tests for REST APIs and Java applications
● Experience with Section 508 web application accessibility testing
● Experience testing relational database applications, including executing SQL
scripts to check test results.
● Excellent understanding of behavior-driven testing and use of tools such as
● Experience working with software requirements specifications and user
● Creative thinking in identifying ways to break the application while doing
● Thorough process knowledge on all phases of Agile and software releases.
● Excellent analytical, debugging, planning, organizational, and communication
● Detail-oriented and comfortable working with developers, product owners, and
other project stakeholders.
● Experience working with in the office, remote and offshore teams.
● Experience reviewing selenium tests and cucumber feature files and
understanding of system and console logs.
● Experience with continuous integration environments such as Jenkins CI.
Your day-to-day activities:
● Create automated functional tests.
● Analyze and report test execution results and test coverage metrics.
● Investigate issues with automation test scripts and follow-up. This includes creating new
defect tickets, repairing automated tests, and working with DevOps to resolve
● Organize and manage test design and implementation tasks on one or more projects.
● Review product requirements to identify when requirements are missing, incorrect, or
● Develop and execute comprehensive test plans and test cases for end-to-end scenarios,
application integration use cases, and customer-reported issues.
● Conduct manual testing to learn new application behavior and facilitate creating
● Communicate test status, issues, and risks to deployment.
● Work with software development and project management to troubleshoot issues,
manage change and mitigate risk.
● Work collaboratively with team members and peers to complete sprint assignments and
produce high-quality software.