Middle DevOps Engineer (AWS + Terraform)
• San Jose, Costa Rica
• Remote, Latin America
What's the Project?
Our client is a diagnostics company specializing in the detection of early-stage cancers. They strive to change lives through earlier, smarter answers across the cancer journey. They relentlessly pursue life-changing answers in cancer that give people the clarity they need to take action, earlier.
You Perfectly Match If you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related.
- 3+ years of proven work experience as a DevOps Engineer
- 1+ year of experience designing interactive applications.
- Strong spoken and written English
- Familiar with Agile / Scrum practice
- Experience with Linux (LPI, RHCE, GCUX would be a plus)
- Deep knowledge of AWS services like ECS/Fargate, EKS, Lambda, CloudFront, S3, Location Service, and Amplify (AWS Certification will be a plus).
- Experience with Source Control tools like Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery tools like GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, or similar.
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation tools: Terraform or AWS CloudFormation,
- Experience with Containers and Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes(CKA/CKAD certification would be a plus)
- Experience with building a secure infrastructure
Your day-to-day activities:
- Work with a team on new ideas, best practices, and strategies on frontend and backend development for given applications.
- Leverage various technologies to improve feedback and delivery by deploying containerized systems and services in support of operational efficiencies, and work with teams to build self-supported sustainable operational ecosystems.
- Being responsible for building innovation in the areas of distributed system flow and resilience, and continuous feedback and delivery.
- Create efficiency and cultural transformation through the curation of new systems and capabilities.
- Coordinate and assist teams in building competencies with infrastructure using object-oriented programming and configuration management domain-specific language.
- Build platforms that teams can leverage to accelerate innovation in the areas of reliability, scalability, and velocity.
- Design and maintain software development and software operation toolchains.
- Collaborate with infrastructure, operations, and application support teams to adopt new approaches to their work as well as analyze system performance and reliability, and make necessary recommendations.
- Write code to automate processes that meet customer needs.
- Identify and solve bottlenecks and bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Support with Scrum / Agile software development approach (e.g., sprints, standups, retros, planning, pointing, grooming, etc.).