Middle Ruby Engineer
• Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
• Remote, Ukraine
• Zagreb, Croatia
• Split, Croatia
• Osijek, Croatia
• San Jose, Costa Rica
• Remote, Latin America
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
What's the Project?
Our client is the Market leader in the digital social healthcare networks. They have a growing community of more than 830,000 people with over 2,900 conditions sharing personal stories and information about their health, symptoms, and treatments, with a goal to improve the lives of all patients through knowledge derived from shared real-world experiences and outcomes. Data is generated by patients and clinical experts. They create a safe and truthful environment, which enables patients to share real information and learn openly from one another. Maintaining that trust and openness is key to their brand and their unique value
You Perfectly Match If you have:
- 3+ years of commercial experience with Ruby/Rails;
- Knowledgeable in OOP principles and design patterns;
- SOLID principles and the ability to use it during software development effectively;
- Understands the Rails’ code structuring and common Rails patterns;
- Hands-on experience writing unit/integration tests with RSpec;
- Possesses knowledge of SQL databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL);
- Understands version control systems (e.g., Git);
- Some familiarity with the AWS ecosystem;
- Analytical thinking, ability to work in a team, attention to detail;
- Intermediate or higher level of English, good communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with React;
- Understanding of Java
- Experience with technologies like Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift is nice to have
- Experience converting business requirements into technical designs
Your day-to-day activities:
- Maintaining and supporting the existing implementation
- Requirement analysis.
- Development of high-quality and detailed designs.
- Identifying risk and conducting mitigation action planning.
- Review the work of other developers and provide feedback.
- Setting up the usage of coding standards and best practices to ensure quality.
- Maintaining and supporting the existing APIs
- Institution of code quality
- Maintaining and supporting the existing web services