Senior Data Engineer
• San Jose, Costa Rica
• Zagreb, Croatia
• Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
• Lviv, Ukraine
• Remote, Ukraine
What's the Project?
As a Healthcare company that operates with a significant amount of patient data records (Claim and EMR healthcare data), the client needs to upgrade the ETL and extract processes to be generic, repeatable, and applicable to as many data sources as possible.
You Perfectly Match If you have:
- 3+ years of commercial experience with hands-on Database Design, Modeling and Warehousing
- Strong knowledge of all traditional Data Warehouse-related components (Sourcing, ETL, Data Modeling, Infrastructure, BI, Reporting) and the modern tools to support those components
- Strong experience with SQL design and implementation best-practices (i.e. index management, constraints, and foreign key relationships, etc.)
- Be familiar with Linux and Bash scripting
- Expertise in query tuning and performance optimization
- Visualization skills: Power BI/Tableau would be a plus
- Good spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS-based database systems (Snowflake, Redshift; RDS/Aurora, etc.)
- Familiarity with the MPP Databases (Redshift or Vertica), Hadoop ecosystem and HQL
- Understanding of CDM (Common Data Model) concepts such as OMOP OHDSI
- Python programming experience
- Familiarity with continuous delivery and DevOps
- Experience with Claim and EMR healthcare data
Your day-to-day activities:
- Convert logical models into physical data models employing sound database normalization techniques
- Create physical database objects like tables and views with appropriate data types, foreign keys, constraints, and upfront design and maintenance of proper indexes
- Create and maintain easy to follow technical documentation of data models
- Perform SQL code reviews and ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance
- Assist with resolving the performance of poorly executing stored procedures and queries
- Support building and deploying the infrastructure for ingesting high-volume data from various sources
- Research individually and in collaboration with other teams on how to solve problems
Ready to dive in?
Contact us today or apply below.