Senior Data Engineer
• San Jose, Costa Rica
• Remote, Latin America
• Elastic Search
• Google Colab
What's the Project?
The client provides the world’s first and only R&D Data Cloud in Pharmaceutical and BioMed domains, with a mission to transform life sciences R&D, accelerate discovery, and improve human life. Scientists at global pharma and biotech organizations rely on client’s innovative Data Platform for easy access to centralized, harmonized, and actionable scientific data to accelerate their digital lab transformation. With best-in-class PaaS performance, a team of industry innovators, and excellent product/market fit, our client is positioned to become an iconic life sciences software company.
You Perfectly Match If you have:
- 5+ years of professional coding experience using Python
- Experience with usage and configuration of AWS Services (Elasticsearch, RDS, Athena, S3, EC2, Lambda, ECS, CloudWatch)
- Experience Docker and JupyterHub or Google Colab
- Experienced working with SQL, NoSQL databases
- Experienced in building scalable systems
- Strong coding and refactoring skills
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Knowledge utilizing Atlassian Suite (Jira/Confluence) and GitHub
- Experience in working with Scrum / Agile Teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to easily work across the organization
- At least Upper-Intermediate spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Understanding principles of tools like Spotfire, Tableau, Jupyter notebook
- Understanding of BigData principles
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Public Health, etc.) or a combination of education and related experience
Your day-to-day activities:
- Research and prototype data acquisition strategy for scientific lab instrumentation
- Research and prototype file parsers for instrument output files (.xlsx, .pdf, .txt, .raw, .fid, many other vendor binaries and data streams)
- Design and build data models
- Design and build Python data pipelines, unit tests, integration tests, and utility functions
- Build visualization, report, and dashboards using Spotfire, Tableau, Jupyter notebook and etc.
- Ensure the best practices in code development are followed, help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Collaborate with the team to identify and clarify detailed requirements
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks and bugs.
- Support with Scrum / Agile software development approach (e.g., sprint, standups, retros, planning, pointing, grooming, etc.)