Senior Database Engineer
• Lviv, Ukraine
• Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
• Zagreb, Croatia
• San Jose, Costa Rica
• Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
What's the Project?
Our client is a digital health company that partners with employers, brokers, and pharmaceutical companies to dramatically improve people’s ability to afford and access prescription drugs. With expertise and technology solutions that span across the prescription drug ecosystem, we deliver the outcomes people and businesses need to thrive. We are on a mission to transform the pharmaceutical industry and are backed by leading venture capital firms including Canaan Partners, First Round, New Atlantic Ventures, New Leaf Venture Partners, Tribeca Venture Partners, and McKesson Ventures. In 2018, our client was ranked as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the U.S. by Deloitte, Crain’s, and Inc.
You Perfectly Match If you have:
- Proficiency in SQL
- Solid understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
- Solid understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- 5+ years of commercial experience with hand-on Data Architecting, Modeling and Warehousing.
- 5+ years experience with a modern Data Warehousing stack including Postgres and other equivalent modern technologies
- Experience in administering, managing, and tuning databases
Nice to have:
- Experience working with AWS services (Amazon RDS, S3, etc.)
- Experience working with Python
Your day-to-day activities:
- Provide guidance and support for appropriate database-driven service and application design
- Helping the team achieve greater efficiency and expressiveness for the systems which lie at the heart of our business.
- Take a leading role in schema design, code review, query tuning in our Postgres centric environment
- Analyze and improve current Postgres DB performance
- Help standardize processes for working with databases over our products life cycles
- Evaluate and refine current strategies for tuning, backup, scaling, and upgrading Postgresql installations and deployments