Middle/Senior DevOps Engineer
• Lviv, Ukraine
• Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
• Remote, Ukraine
• Zagreb, Croatia
What's the Project?
This client is an innovative company that believes that when daily activities include meaningful engagement with like-minded people in a safe and secure environment, loneliness and isolation diminish, and fulfillment and happiness increase, fostering the potential for a healthier, more balanced, and enjoyable life.
The development of a social platform and an intelligent software agent will provide:
- Content – articles, videos, podcasts, news, etc
- Activities – support groups, local events, lectures, care track, etc
- Connections – make new friends, mentorship, try new hobbies, etc.
These three main objectives will allow the Senior community to help with the potential untreated mental health issues, depression, and anxiety.
We are looking for a seasoned professional with a wide range of experience willing to tackle complex technical problems and contribute with their expertise, intelligence, and inspiration to our team.
You Perfectly Match If you have:
- 2+ years of experience with Terraform, AWS services
- Will be a plus: experience with AWS Aurora, RDS, DMS, Data Streaming
- Development experience with AWS API Gateway/Lambda/RDS-MySQL/DynamoDB
- Experience in serverless architecture using AWS Lambda and API Gateway
- Experience with Kubernetes (EKS), Helm and Flux (GitOps) (nice to have ECS/Docker Swarm)
- Scripting experience with Python/Bash Shell
- Good Linux administration skills
- Experience with code management tools and change control processes – Git/Bitbucket/Mercurial
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools like – Jenkins/Bamboo/Gitlab Pipelines/Bitbucket Pipelines/CircleCI
- Nice to have experience in test-driven development (TDD) and unit testing, leveraging automation tool sets
Nice to have:
- Bachelors of Computer Science degree (is preferred), or equivalent relevant business experience
- Demonstrates logical, analytical approach to problem-solving and pays close attention to detail
- Skilled in Agile development/methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience leading groups of people through discussions, technical or otherwise
- Strong team player
- Able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- 3+ years of development experience with Java, Node.JS, Python, or other development technologies.
Your day-to-day activities:
- Participates in the conceptualization, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of applications for a business area
- Ensures application solution design conforms to agreed-upon quality attributes such as performance, fault tolerance, etc.
- Ensures that solutions delivered by self or team members are secure and scalable, comply with defined standards and best practices.
- Actively looks for solutions that are bought overbuild and are cloud-based.
- Participate in Proof Of Concept(POC) work and prototyping when necessary
- Collaborates with Technical Support Engineers to transition software features to a production environment ensuring that the deliveries meet application performance criteria, release standards, and ensure application and system stability.
- Mentors less experienced developers on best practices in AWS Cloud technology.