• San Jose, Costa Rica
• Remote, Latin America
What's the Project?
Our client is a diagnostics company specializing in the detection of early stage cancers. They strive to change lives through earlier, smarter answers across the cancer journey. They relentlessly pursue life-changing answers in cancer that give people the clarity they need to take action, earlier.
You Perfectly Match, If You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related.
- 5+ years of work experience with design capabilities using modern technologies.
- 5+ years proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- 3+ years of experience with test-driven development.
- 1+ year of experience designing interactive applications.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL.
- Proficiency in software engineering tools.
- AWS Dev (Lambda, S3, EC2, Dynamo, other services as needed)
- API development
- 5+ years of solid hands-on experience in designing & developing front and backend applications for web-based applications.
- 5+ years of experience working with Java.
- Good understanding of concurrency principles
- Understanding and experience working with microservices architecture.
- Deep understanding of system design and data structures and experience with relational and NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MongoDB
- Experience with the latest UI development frameworks and technologies in the industry, especially Angular 3+
- Experience with utilizing the latest JS features with TypeScript
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with unit/integration testing
- Experience in working with Agile Teams
- Experience with code management systems like Git
Nice to have:
- Experience working with AWS
Your day-to-day activities:
- Work with team on new ideas, best practices, and strategies on the front end and backend development for given applications
- Proactively designing & implementing innovative applications using Java & Angular
- Designing Web API using REST
- Identify and solve bottlenecks and bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Drive quality and deliver high-quality code, with various levels of automated tests (unit, integration, performance, and security)
- Support with Scrum / Agile software development approach (e.g., sprints, standups, retros, planning, pointing, grooming, etc.)
- Foster collaboration and improved development processes.
- Continually expand skillset through self-driven training.
- Design and develop software.
- Test software applications and systems.
- Apply knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
- Analyze users’ needs.
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
- Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions including algorithms that tell computers what to do.
- Convert instructions into computer languages.
Ready to dive in?
Contact us today or apply below.