Senior Full-Stack(RoR/JS) Engineer
• Lviv, Ukraine
• Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
• Remote, Ukraine
• Zagreb, Croatia
What's the Project?
We are an established and stable organization but have that fastpaced energy and feel of an emerging technology company. It is a place to work with fun, smart, collaborative, and driven people. Our SaaS based College Application/Admissions Management and Enrollment/Marketing software and services help millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 31,000 academic programs at more than 1,000 institutions. We are seeking a capable, motivated, and experienced Ruby on Rails software engineer to be part of our engineering team. You will be part of a scrum team which is responsible for the design and development of software solutions to build and optimize highly scalable, web‐based multi‐tenant applications used by national educational associations and institutions of higher learning including numerous colleges and universities.
If you love tackling problems head-on, enjoy coming up with creative solutions for complex problems and like keeping yourself updated with the latest trends in technology, then you will fit in well with our team.
We run a fast-paced but casual team that operates in a supportive atmosphere
You Perfectly Match If you have:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or an IT related discipline, or its equivalent.
- Minimum 5 Years developing and maintaining Enterprise level application in Ruby on Rails
- Highly experienced in Ruby on Rails application framework and Ruby language
- Experience working with Active Records, Resque and RSpec, etc.
- Experience with API development and Service-oriented architecture
- Experience with high-performance database systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience in Test and Behavior Driven development
- Commitment to 100% code coverage and automated testing
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks and best practices
- Entrepreneurial mindset to find the process and architectural improvements
- Extensive knowledge of full-stack web development, from concept through implementation, deployment, and optimization.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with software processes: Requirements, Demos, Source code control (Git), Defect tracking (JIRA), Estimation and planning, Build, Test automation, CI/CD, etc.
- Experience mentoring, training, and pairing with developers and other stakeholders
- Experience in a cloud-based environment (AWS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies
- Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Your day-to-day activities:
- Design and develop enterprise grade, high-volume web application features
- Participate in design and implementation discussions with product management and software development teams
- Develop and support REST APIs
- Apply Test Driven Development practices to improve software quality
- Develop unit tests and API integration tests to maintain/improve code coverage
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions