Senior Node.js Engineer
• Split, Croatia
• Osijek, Croatia
• Remote, Croatia
What's the Project?
Our client believes that everyone should be able to define & control their bodies, health & wellbeing. Their mission is to build a direct-to-consumer, virtual-first health care platform that celebrates & supports the agency & autonomy of LGBTQIIA+ members. In building this platform, they are focused on providing agency, reliability and transparency to their members
The current healthcare system is not accountable to the patients it serves. Therefore, to achieve the mission our client believes it is imperative to build and retain direct (paying) relationships with the LGBTQ+ community by offering them products that meet critical needs and delight them. Over time this will result in our client, on behalf of the community, being able to remake more and more of the currently broken system from the inside out.
You Perfectly Match If you have:
- 5+ years of solid hands-on experience in Designing & Developing Back End applications.
- 3-5 years of commercial experience with Node.JS
- Experience working with NodeJS frameworks (Express, NestJS, Loopback, etc)
- Proficiency in Object-Oriented programming and/or functional programming
- Good knowledge of system design, design patterns, data structures, and basic algorithms
- Experience working with SQL databases: PostgreSQL / MySQL / MS SQL / Aurora DB
- Experience with utilizing the latest JS features and/or TypeScript
- Solid understanding of application architecture (monolith, microservices, serverless)
- Experience and confidence in cloud providers (AWS: Cognito, Lambda, CDK)
- Strong proficiency with Rest API design & implementation experience
- Hands-on experience with unit/integration testing (experience with testing tools: Jest, Mocha, Karma, etc)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Creativity and excellent problem-solving skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in the healthcare domain
- Experience working in small and big teams
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience with messaging and streaming
- Experience working with infrastructure tools (Docker, docker-compose, Kubernetes)
- Experience working with cache tools (Redis/Memcached)
- Experience of working in cross-functional and cross-border teams
Your day-to-day activities:
- Proactively design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable architecture and code using Node.js
- Ensure the best possible performance and quality of large scale web applications and services
- Designing Web API using GraphQL/Designing Web API using REST
- Work with team on new ideas, best practices and strategies on Front End and Back End Development for given applications
- Identify and solve bottlenecks and bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Care about quality and delivering high-quality code, with various levels of automated tests (unit, integration, performance, and security)
- Support with Scrum / Agile software development approach (e.g., sprint, standups, retros, planning, pointing, grooming, etc.)
Ready to dive in?
Contact us today or apply below.