Senior Python Engineer
• Europe, Remote
• San Jose, Costa Rica
• Remote, Latin America
What's the Project?
Our client enables exceptional healthcare for patients and their families in the place they want to be most — home. Our client builds technology that rewires the way home-based care is ordered, delivered, and paid for. Our client connects patients, providers, health plans, and home-based care suppliers, to ensure patients receive the correct and timely care they need to remain healthy at home.
Our client believes that a team’s strength is in its people. Their goal is to raise the industry standard for patient experience, and we realize this cannot be achieved without a team that reflects the vast diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and set of experiences and perspectives of the patients we serve. Our client believes in putting patients first, that many perspectives are stronger than one, and in treating those we serve just as we would our own family members. If you’re passionate about improving healthcare delivery, leveraging technology to serve people, and working in a collaborative, diverse environment, we hope you’ll join u
The Engineering team at our client builds the technology that connects and scales the home health ecosystem in order to transform the home into the preferred place of care for positive patient outcomes. Their products serve a diverse set of users – doctors, insurance companies, medical equipment suppliers – and ultimately enable us to deliver a higher quality patient experience. Their team of mission-driven technologists is highly collaborative, supportive, empathetic, curious, and impact-oriented. We partner with the Product, Operations, and Customer Experience teams to identify opportunities to enable a faster, simpler, and more transparent process for patients and healthcare partners.
The engineer will join our Customer Experience squad and work on the EHR Integration project. They will initially be responsible for designing and building an authentication system that is independent of any EHR vendor. This system will securely authorize users with the appropriate permissions to access patient data. The engineer will also work with the product team to expand the capabilities of our app to tightly integrate with EHR systems.
The Customer Experience squad is responsible for building software solutions that enable the various user groups who rely on our client : Referring Providers (doctors), DME Suppliers, Care Advocates, and Patients. We manage the apps and backend processes that enable providers to place orders for DME equipment required for the patients, suppliers to collaborate with providers on the orders, and our internal Care Advocate teams to process the orders and coordinate with provider and supplier teams to ensure timely delivery of equipment for the patients. We are also working on several types of critical integrations that leverage industry standards like FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources):
- First, we are building an app for the EMR/EHR (Electronic Medical/Health Record) systems used by providers to make it easier to place orders and track the status of their orders.
- Second, we are building FHIR-based APIs leveraged by suppliers to integrate their systems with our client in order to directly exchange DME order data.
You Perfectly Match If you have:
- Experience with FHIR-based APIs or integrations, such as EMR/EHR systems (e.g. Epic, Cerner, Athena)
- Experience in Python development
- Experience in GraphQL and Django (or similar frameworks) development
- You have 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role, preferably building a high impact product.
- You are a passionate builder and strategist who enjoys defining and scaling systems from zero upwards.
- You have deep experience in product development and knowledge of several high-level programming languages and related frameworks. (We mostly use Django and Python, but seek overall skill vs. specific expertise).
- You have experience building scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on major cloud primitives.
- You have knowledge of the code and tools required for development of engineering solutions for both customer-facing and operational problems.
- You have experience digitizing and automating operational processes and workflows.
- You have the ability to sketch out and iterate on solid engineering architecture and designs.
- You are a proactive technical leader with experience owning roadmaps and directing your own work.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment with several dynamic and concurrent projects.
- You are a clear communicator who instinctively reduces ambiguity and promotes transparency with team members.
- You set the bar high, and improve the work of those around you through mentorship and feedback.
- You have a track record of continual learning and improvement throughout your career.
- You strive for excellence and know that there is always room to do better.
- You believe deeply in the idea that the future of healthcare can be significantly better, and are driven by the opportunity we have in front of us to make it a reality!
Nice to have:
- Retool and Salesforce development experience.
- Django development experience
- Knowledge of GPT
- Experience developing a data pipeline
Your day-to-day activities:
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will drive and contribute to the execution, planning, and release of high-impact engineering projects. Reporting to an Engineering Manager, this person will participate in all aspects of the product development and software delivery lifecycle, focusing on raising the bar on technical quality and agility. Some examples of work you will take on over the next six months:
- You will transform product strategy into technical strategy by helping to develop, pilot and iterate on several new product implementations for new and existing customers.
- You will partner closely with cross-functional team members as a technical owner of key business goals.
- You will lead the conception, planning, execution, and release of multiple high-impact engineering projects at once.
- You will embrace and champion agile development practices and execute end-to-end software development in an agile environment across our entire stack.
- You will become well-versed in our testing, deployment, observability, and monitoring tools; make recommendations to improve or enhance their usage; and mentor other team members to drive an engineering culture rooted in quality and delivery.
- You will mentor teammates and promote simplicity in solving complex problems across our products and teams as we scale.