Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
• Lviv, Ukraine
• Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
• Remote, Ukraine
• San Jose, Costa Rica
• Remote, Latin America
What's the Project?
The client’s story begins, for the most part, in the remote, rural villages of Alaska.
The founder + President of the company knew there had to be a better alternative to delivering therapy services. So it was founded through a hybrid approach where services were provided in-person one week of every month and via teletherapy for the remaining weeks. During this time, best practices were established, and the true power of teletherapy was discovered.
The client has been a leader in pediatric therapy services since 2015. Our providers are experienced pediatric clinicians whose passion is to treat the whole child. By removing location as a barrier, we can equalize access to quality support.
With our mission, we like to keep it short and sweet. We are making therapy available to everyone, everywhere, using the power of the internet.
You will focus on building/overhauling the onboarding experience and bridging the gap between healthcare professionals and patients by working with other engineers, designers, and product owners.
You Perfectly Match If you have:
- 4+ years of commercial experience with Ruby/Rails;
- Knowledgeable in OOP principles and design patterns;
- SOLID principles and the ability to use it during software development effectively;
- Understands the Rails’ code structuring and common Rails patterns;
- Hands-on experience writing unit/integration tests with RSpec;
- Possesses knowledge of SQL databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL);
- Understands version control systems (e.g., Git);
- Some familiarity with the GCP ecosystem;
- Analytical thinking, ability to work in a team, attention to detail;
- Intermediate or higher level of English, good communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience within the healthcare industry working with HIPAA security;
- Front End(React) experience.
Your day-to-day activities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable architecture and code;
- Ensure the best possible performance and quality of large-scale web applications and services;
- Enjoys developing extraordinary user experiences in collaboration with a research-driven design team;
- Will be responsible for supporting the engineering team on the project within and surrounding the proprietary software, Zesh. Collaborate with other engineers and product managers, and assist development across the entire application of Zesh.
- Support with Scrum / Agile software development approach (e.g., sprint, standups, retros, planning, pointing, grooming, etc.).