Staff DevOps Engineer
Location: • Zagreb, Croatia
• Osijek, Croatia
• Europe, Remote
What's the Project?
Newfire Global Partners is looking for a Staff DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps practice. This role will be the senior most DevOps Engineer at Newfire and responsible for helping to grow our DevOps practice. Part of this role involves working with our global DevOps team to build new product and service offerings like our HIPAA compliant Infrastructure quick start, or our DevOps as a Service offering. The role will also include opportunities to work directly with many of Newfires clients in order to help them make informed infrastructure decisions.
- 7+ years of experience with AWS services
- Experience mentoring junior devops engineers
- Proven experience in AWS cloud management, governance, and architecture
- Experience doing capacity and budget estimation for AWS services
- Some experience with GCP and Azure
- Proficiency with Infrastructure as Code technologies including Terraform and Ansible
- Proficiency in Kubernetes
- Ability to architect and deploy scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant cloud-based solutions.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools like – Jenkins, GitHub, Gitlab Pipelines, CircleCI
- Proficiency with Bash and Python scripting
- Experience with monitoring and logging solutions using tools like Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack, or similar
- Knowledge of Security best-practices and tools such as ABAC, RBAC, IAM, and Vault
- Proven experience making major infrastructure decisions such as cloud or database selection
- AWS Professional DevOps Certification
- Extensive experience with containerization technologies, especially Docker
- Experience with Cloud Migration planning
- Experience with Multi-cloud architecture
- Experience with Security and compliance auditing including SOC2
- Experience with build tooling such as Gradle
- Experience developing in Java, Node.Js, Python, Go, or other programming language
- Experience providing on-call support for highly available applications
- ITIL knowledge
Your day-to-day activities:
- Help to drive the future of DevOps at Newfire by leading our DevOps practice
- Work with management and senior DevOps engineers to refine promotion, hiring, and mentoring practices
- Help to build our Global DevOps practice by identifying opportunities to build a follow-the-sun support model.
- Mentor more junior devops engineers to grow in their careers
- Extend and maintain AWS infrastructure for Newfire internal projects including CI/CD, Monitoring, and hosting
- Review changes to Infrastructure as Code and help our DevOps team with large scale upgrades and cloud migrations
- Consult with clients to help make critical infrastructure decisions
- Gather and provide documentation to maintain AWS Partner tier status
Ready to dive in?
Contact us today or apply below.